HOW IS VAPT DIFFERENT FROM AUTOMATED VULNERABILITY SCAN’S?
VAPT It is a process of identifying, quantifying, and prioritizing. vulnerabilities in a system. It is generally considered as mother branch or complete domain which deals with Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing.
IT INCLUDES SUBCATEGORIES LIKE
- Web Application Security
- Network Security
- Mobile Security, etc.
In the Automated Scanning tools like Nessus or Acunetix are used to scan for the vulnerabilities. Tools are used to discover the weak points in software. They will detect and identify the vulnerabilities related to misconfigured or flaw that surfaced in the software.
CAUSES OF VULNERABILITIES
The main reason behind a system being vulnerable is misconfiguration and incorrect programming practices.
The following are some of the reasons for vulnerability.
- Poor password combinations
- Poorly configured system
- Poor design of hardware and software
- A system connected to an unsecured network
- Complex software or hardware So these are the causes of Vulnerabilities.
BENEFITS OF VAPT ENGAGEMENT
Providing the organization with a detailed view of potential threats faced by an application. Helps the organization in identifying programming errors that lead to Cyber attacks.
- Provide risk management
- Safeguards the business from loss of reputation and money
- Secures applications from internal and external attacks
- Protects the organization’s data from malicious attacks
- Get to know the business logic vulnerabilities.
- The false positive is reduced
BENEFITS OF AUTOMATED SCANNING
- You can do the scan with one click
- Automated scanning is faster
- Does not need attention (mostly)
- Can be Scheduled and reported
- The report is also created in just one click
DRAWBACK OF VAPT EXERCISES
- Larger Man force required.
- It takes times to process.
- More resources are required
- Reporting takes time.
- Skilled people are required
DRAWBACK OF AUTOMATED SCANNING
- It will never cover the business logic vulnerabilities.
- Does not cover smart attack vector
- Not always ensure full process control
- Never scans the entire things.
- It will also give the false results
- More chances of crashing
- Create a lot of noise (logs)
The best practice is to go for the VAPT ENGAGEMENT from a reputed vendor like Khanna Security Solutions Pvt. Ltd. because a thorough vapt exercise will reveal true security posture of the organization and, it is more target specific and stable too. And automated tools are a part of vapt assessment therefor you gets an umbrella protection from all kind of threats,. So it is always a good choice to go with the VAPT.
Interested in knowing more about VAPT and security Contact us today